On behalf of Art Does It (ADI) and in collaboration with the Alabama Marine Science Consortium, The Dauphin Island Sea Lab (DISL), I am pleased to present the first annual ARTSealab Festival. This free community event will be held at the DISL campus, October 26-28, 2018.
The festival features:
- Professional visual, literary, and performing artists;
- Student “Love Our Gulf” artwork competition from Mobile and Baldwin County;
- Mobile County Culinary arts students Chef Challenge at the “Forks and Corks Gala”;
- University of Alabama (UA) resident poet and DISL scientist dialogs;
- UA Eco-poet community writing project, open mic, printmaking and chapbook creation workshops;
- Marine Debris 3d community sculpture workshops;
- Children’s “Make Marine Art” Tent;
- Gulf Folk Life Tradition demonstrations;
- Community information booths
ADI and DISL believe the arts and artists play unique roles in connecting people to their environment and fostering
stewardship. Because the arts reach people on the level of emotions and values, it can create powerful awareness and action.
We love our Gulf Coast, and we invite your company to join our efforts to make the ARTSealab Festival a premiere annual event where the intersection of art and science creates understanding and sparks a shared vision of environmental
Thank you for considering partnering with the ARTSealab initiative. Enclosed please find materials outlining
Art + Science program sponsorship levels and corresponding benefits. Art Does It is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit, and your
sponsorship is tax deductible. Please direct any questions to Regina Kollegger, Board President, Art Does It,
(251) 214-6485, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art Sea Lab Festival
October 26-28, 2018
please click to enlarge